Το κοινοτικό σχολείο στη Δ. Μακεδονία στα τέλη του 19ου και στις αρχές του 20ού αιώνα

Σοφία Ηλιάδου-Τάχου

Abstract


The institution of the community school, which operated in the ecclesiastical
provinces of Moglena, Kastoria, Sisani, and Kozani after the Ottoman reforms
and until 1914, was recognised by the Porte, being bound up with the patriarchal
privileges and part of the framework of the self-administration of the
communities. All the various types of community schools may be included within this institution, if ‘community’ is defined as a body of co-religionists
under the authority of a recognised religious authority.
The differences between the types of community schools that evolved in the
aforementioned ecclesiastical provinces must be ascribed to the Patriarchate’s
or the bourgeoisie’s powers of intervention, as also to distinctive local features
which frequently led to departures from the standard community-school model.

Full Text:

PDF (Greek)

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.